Connect with us

Published

on

BREAKING: Bandits Storm Kogi ECWA Church, Kidnap Over 20 Worshippers—-No fewer than 20 worshippers were abducted on Sunday, December 14, 2025, after gunmen attacked the First ECWA Church in Ayetoro Kiri, Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area of Kogi State.

Local sources said the attackers stormed the church while a worship session was ongoing, firing sporadically to create panic among congregants.

Many worshippers reportedly fled the scene, while an undisclosed number were seized by the assailants, who later escaped through nearby bush paths.

The attack threw the otherwise quiet community into chaos, with residents describing widespread fear and confusion as the incident unfolded.

The abduction has heightened concerns over worsening insecurity in parts of Kogi State, where repeated attacks on rural communities and places of worship have left residents increasingly anxious and calling for stronger security measures.

SaharaReporters earlier on Sunday reported that one person, identified only as JayJay, was killed during the attack, while several worshippers were reportedly abducted.

This incident marked the second attack on a church in Okun land within weeks, heightening fears among residents and worshippers across the area.

A recent incident occurred on November 30, 2025, when armed men stormed a Cherubim and Seraphim Church in Ejiba, Yagba West Local Government Area, abducting the cleric identified Orlando and about 13 worshippers during a service.

The attackers initially demanded ₦500 million in ransom, later reducing it to ₦200 million, giving the victims’ families a two-day ultimatum and warning of unspecified “consequences” if the demand was not met.

Residents also recalled that the Ayetoro Kiri community came under attack about three weeks ago, when armed assailants targeted a local school.

On that occasion, the community vigilante group reportedly repelled the attackers, preventing casualties and abductions.

0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares