Connect with us
Yahaya Bello Wins Global Excellence 'Governor Of The Year' Award

FRESH: Yahaya Bello Wins Global Excellence ‘Governor Of The Year’ Award

More Videos

Published

on

FRESH: Yahaya Bello Wins Global Excellence ‘Governor Of The Year’ Award—-Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has won the prestigious Governor of the Year award at the 2023 edition of Global Excellence Awards.

The committee on the awards said Governor Bello was singled out for the award in recognition of his achievements in the growth and development of Kogi State, which had been corroborated by respected national and international organisations, including his unrelenting commitment to human capital development, empowerment, and infrastructure growth in the education and health sectors of the state’s economy.

“The commissioning of impactful and first-of-their-kind projects in the state by President Muhammadu Buhari was an eye opener to the extent of development in Kogi State in seven years. On different occasions, the state had also consistently stood out from the crowd in the World Bank’s States Fiscal Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability program, among other first-time feats of the state under Governor Yahaya Bello,” the organisers said.

The Awards was organised by Global Excellence, one of Nigeria’s leading news, entertainment, and lifestyle magazines in Lagos on Sunday night.

Receiving the award on behalf of the governor, the Commissioner for Information in the state, Kingsley Fanwo, said, “We thank the Global Excellence Communications, Publishers of the Global Excellence Magazine for the Excellence Recognition Award conferred on the Executive Governor of Kogi State, His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, as the Governor of the Year.

“Governor Yahaya Bello has delivered landmark projects, including the Reference Hospital that boasts of equipment, many of which are debuting in Africa. The World Class Model Science Secondary Schools, Health Institutions and other critical infrastructure such as roads, marked a year of incredible performance by the phenomenal Architect of a New Confluence State.

“The Bello Care Program, which has offered near-free medicare to the people is also gradually improving life expectancy in the state.

“It is therefore not in doubt that the Governor is deserving of this prestigious award which he has dedicated to his late mother, members of his team and the entire people of Kogi State for their incredible support over the years.”

The convener of the Global Excellence Awards, Mayor Akinpelu, explained that the essence of the recognition was to encourage leaders to do more and challenge others in their chosen careers despite the challenges confronting the country, particularly in the areas of security and the economy.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Sports

BREAKING: Patrick Vieira Appointed New Senegal Head Coach as Teranga Lions Begin New Era

Published

on

BREAKING: Patrick Vieira Appointed New Senegal Head Coach as Teranga Lions Begin New Era—-The Dakar-born former France international takes his first national-team coaching role after Senegal parted ways with Pape Thiaw following their disappointing 2026 World Cup campaign.

Patrick Vieira has been appointed the new head coach of the Senegal national team, with the former France international taking charge of the Teranga Lions for the first time in his managerial career.

The Senegalese Football Federation (FSF) confirmed Vieira’s appointment on Tuesday, August 18, announcing that the 50-year-old will succeed Pape Thiaw, whose tenure ended following Senegal’s elimination from the 2026 FIFA World Cup. 

The appointment represents a major new chapter in Vieira’s coaching career and his first opportunity to manage a senior national team.

Vieira Returns to His Birth Country

Although Vieira represented France throughout his international career, including winning the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000, he was born in Dakar, Senegal.

The former midfielder moved to France at the age of eight before developing into one of the country’s most celebrated footballers. He eventually earned 107 caps for Les Bleus and became an important figure in France’s golden generation.

His connection to Senegal makes the appointment particularly significant as he now returns to lead the country’s senior national team.

Replacing Pape Thiaw

Vieira takes over after Thiaw was removed from his position following Senegal’s disappointing World Cup campaign.

The Teranga Lions were eliminated in the round of 32 after surrendering a 2–0 lead against Belgium before eventually losing 3–2 in extra time. The result brought an early end to Senegal’s World Cup ambitions and contributed to the decision to make a change in the dugout.

The FSF subsequently turned to Vieira as it looks to begin a new era.

First National-Team Job for Vieira

Vieira arrives with considerable experience in club management but has never previously managed a senior international side.

He began his coaching career with Manchester City’s youth setup before taking charge of New York City FC in MLS. He later managed French side Nice, Premier League club Crystal Palace, Strasbourg and Italian club Genoa.

His appointment therefore presents a new challenge for the former Arsenal captain, who must now translate his club-management experience to the international stage.

AFCON 2027 Qualification Awaits

Vieira’s first major task will be preparing Senegal for the next international window and the country’s qualification campaign for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations.

Senegal are the reigning African champions and will be expected to remain among the continent’s leading teams under their new manager. The AFCON qualifiers are scheduled to begin as early as September.

The appointment also gives Vieira an opportunity to build a team capable of competing for another continental title while establishing a long-term project with the national side.

A New Chapter for Senegal

For Senegal, Vieira’s appointment represents both a change in leadership and an attempt to reset after a disappointing World Cup.

For Vieira, it is a chance to manage the country of his birth and take charge of a talented generation of Senegalese players.

The FSF said further details concerning Vieira’s official presentation and the next steps in his installation will be announced later.

The man who lifted the World Cup with France in 1998 will now attempt to lead Senegal to continental and international success — beginning with the Teranga Lions’ new era under Patrick Vieira.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending News

SHOCKING !! Oluyin Of Iyin-Ekiti In DSS Net Over Alleged Suspicious Demand for Governor’s Used Chair

Published

on

SHOCKING !! Oluyin Of Iyin-Ekiti In DSS Net Over Alleged Suspicious Demand for Governor’s Used Chair

 

The Department of State Services (DSS) has invited the Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti, Oba Adeniyi Adeola Ajakaiye, for questioning after he made a quiet but suspicious demand for the chair used by Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji during a thanksgiving service at Babamuboni Memorial Anglican Church, Iyin-Ekiti.

According to leaked correspondences exchanged between Babamuboni Anglican Church and Oluyin’s Palace, Governor Oyebanji had attended an event on May 31, 2026 at the invitation of Senate Leader, Michael Opeyemi Bamidele, an indigene of Iyin-Ekiti few days to the state’s gubernatorial election.

How Oluyin of Iyin-Ekiti Strangely Demanded Governor’s Seat

It was gathered that after the church program, the Oluyin of Iyin Ekiti, Oba Ajakaiye quietly and specifically requested for the chair which the Governor sat on during the church program.

The church’s Vicar who suspected a mischief by the Oluyin’s palace politely declined the estranged and bizzare request.

According to the church, the decline made Oba Oluyin furious who immediately influenced the untimely transfer of the church’s vicar, Ven. Dr. Samuel Sunday Agunbiade from the church.

The Palace, in a letter addressed to the church , insisted that the governor’s seat be surrendered for “royal custody and appropriate traditional rites.”

In the said letter from the Oluyin-in-Council to the church, they strangely said that “the replacement chair to be commissioned henceforth shall be placed under strict and adequate guard at all times, to avert any future desecration or recurrence of such grave oversight against the sanctity of the stool.”

Meanwhile, the request which has been described as barbaric and bizarre in Nigeria’s political and religious history, immediately raised suspicion and outrage within the community.

The Position of the Anglican Church

The Anglican Church, in its formal reply, rejected the demand, stressing that church property is held in trust under ecclesiastical governance. It further explained that the chair no longer existed, having already been dismantled and incorporated into the altar furnishing.

According to the church, “Consequently, the Church is not at liberty to surrender, transfer, or remove dedicated Church property for external purposes outside the procedures prescribed by ecclesiastical authority.

“As custodians of these properties, we are duty-bound to preserve and administer them in accordance with the doctrine, discipline, and governance of the Church.”

REQUEST FOR THE REMOVAL OF THE CHURCH CHAIR TO THE PALACE nnnnn_040357

Despite the stance of the church to strictly adhere to its ecclesiastical responsibilities and constitutional obligations, the palace persisted.

Outrage in Iyin-Ekiti as Residents React

Residents of Iyin-Ekiti alleged that the monarch’s insistence was not cultural but sinister with claims that the chair might be for ritual manipulation against the governor whom at the time was preparing for his re-election.

They noted that the DSS invitation to the Oluyin underscores how seriously the security agency views the matter stressing that there are sinister motive behind the estranged act.

It was equally gathered that the fallout extended to the church leadership. Ven. Dr. Agunbiade, the vicar who stood firm against the palace’s demand, was transferred under circumstances widely perceived as punitive.

Residents noted that while governors, presidents, and dignitaries have attended church services across Nigeria and Ekiti State in particular for decades, never has a demand been made for their chairs to undergo “traditional rites.”

They described the incident as mischievous while calling for a thorough investigation by the DSS to unravel the mystery and sinister motives behind the bizzare request of the monarch.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares