Connect with us
DIDDY

Sean “DIDDY” Combs Denied Bailed And Sent To Jail Amids Racketeering And Sex-Trafficking Charges

More Videos

Published

on

Sean “DIDDY” Combs Denied Bailed And Sent To Jail Amids Racketeering And Sex-Trafficking Charges—-US Rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs has been denied bail after pleading not guilty in a sex-trafficking case.

A New York federal judge remanded the musician in custody after prosecutors argued he was a “serious flight risk”.

Mr Combs, 54, was arrested on Monday evening, accused of running a criminal enterprise that relied on drugs and violence to force women to “fulfill his sexual desires”, according to prosecutors.

A 14-page indictment charges him with racketeering, sex trafficking by force, and transportation to engage in prostitution.

Mr Combs’s lawyer, Marc Agnifilo, said the defence team had already launched an appeal against the judge’s decision, with a hearing set for Wednesday.

“We believe in him wholeheartedly,” Mr Agnifilo told reporters at the Manhattan court on Tuesday.

“He didn’t do these things. There’s no coercion and no crime. He’s not afraid of the charges.”

Mr Agnifilo said Mr Combs was the target of “an unjust prosecution”.

In court documents, federal prosecutors said that Mr Combs had “abused, threatened, and coerced women and others around him to fulfill his sexual desires, protect his reputation, and conceal his conduct”.

Prosecutors accused Mr Combs of “creating a criminal enterprise” whose members – under his direction – engaged in sex trafficking, forced labour, kidnapping, arson and bribery.

“On numerous occasions”, the documents said, Mr Combs assaulted women by “striking, punching, dragging, throwing objects at, and kicking them”.

The record producer has faced many of the accusations before.

Last November, his ex-girlfriend, singer Casandra Elizabeth Ventura, filed a civil lawsuit against him that included graphic descriptions of violent abuse. He denied the accusations, but settled the case a day after it was filed.

In May, Mr Combs released a public apology after video footage from a Los Angeles hotel appeared to show him beating Ms Ventura in a hallway.

Tuesday’s indictment against Mr Combs accuses him of similar violence.

Ms Ventura’s lawyer, Douglas Wigdor​​​​, declined to comment on Mr Combs’s arrest.

According to court documents, Mr Combs “wielded the power” of his status to “lure female victims… to engage in extended sex acts” called “Freak Offs”.

“During Freak Offs, Combs distributed a variety of controlled substances to victims, in part to keep the victims obedient and compliant,” the indictment said.

In a press briefing after the indictment was unsealed, US prosecutor Damian Williams said officials found firearms, ammunition and more than 1,000 bottles of lubricant during raids on Mr Combs’s homes in Miami and Los Angeles, about six months ago.

Mr Williams said federal agents also found three semi-automatic rifles with defaced serial numbers, and a drum magazine.

He told reporters that further charges were not off the table, but he did not offer specific details.

The indictment follows a string of sexual assault allegations against Mr Combs, one of the most successful music moguls in the history of rap.

Four women, including Ms Ventura, have filed lawsuits accusing him of sexual and physical abuse.

In a statement issued last December, Mr Combs defended himself against what he described as “sickening allegations” made by “individuals looking for a quick payday”.

His reputation has taken a hit, however.

In June, Mr Combs returned a ceremonial “Key to the City of New York”, given to him by Mayor Eric Adams just nine months beforehand.

Days later, Howard University announced it was revoking Mr Combs’s 2014 honorary degree.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Crime

Ex-Gang Leader Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis Goes on Trial Over 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder

Published

on

Ex-Gang Leader Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis Goes on Trial Over 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder—-Nearly 30 years after Tupac Shakur was killed in a Las Vegas drive-by shooting, Duane “Keffe D” Davis faces trial in the only criminal case brought in connection with the rap icon’s death.

Nearly three decades after Tupac Shakur was fatally shot in Las Vegas, the long-running mystery surrounding the rapper’s death is finally heading into a courtroom as former gang leader Duane “Keffe D” Davis goes on trial Monday.

Davis, 63, is charged with murder with a deadly weapon with the intent to promote, further or assist a criminal gang. He has pleaded not guilty. Jury selection is scheduled to begin in Clark County District Court, with the trial expected to last several weeks.

Prosecutors accuse Davis of helping orchestrate the September 1996 attack that killed Shakur. Authorities allege that Davis was involved in planning the retaliation after an earlier confrontation involving members of his South Side Compton Crips gang and Shakur’s entourage.

Davis has never been accused of personally pulling the trigger. Prosecutors instead contend that he helped organize the attack and supplied the firearm allegedly used in the shooting. The identity of the person who fired the fatal shots remains a central issue in the case.

Shakur was only 25 when he was shot while riding in a BMW driven by Death Row Records co-founder Marion “Suge” Knight following a Mike Tyson boxing match in Las Vegas on September 7, 1996. He died six days later from his injuries.

For years, the investigation produced no criminal charges. The case was revived after Davis made public comments about his alleged involvement, including accounts contained in his 2019 memoir, “Compton Street Legend,” as well as interviews and documentary appearances.

Those statements are expected to form a major part of the prosecution’s case. Prosecutors have acknowledged that Davis’ various accounts contain inconsistencies but argue that his statements nevertheless provide evidence of his role in the killing.

The defense, meanwhile, is expected to challenge the credibility and reliability of those statements. Davis’ lawyers have argued that portions of his memoir and other public accounts were exaggerated or inaccurate, setting up a trial in which the jury may have to determine which parts of Davis’ numerous accounts can be trusted.

The case also brings renewed attention to the bitter East Coast-West Coast rivalry that surrounded the hip-hop industry during the 1990s. Shakur was closely associated with Death Row Records, while the rivalry with Bad Boy Records and figures connected to the East Coast had become increasingly hostile.

Davis was arrested in September 2023 after investigators obtained a new indictment in the case, making him the only person ever charged in connection with Shakur’s murder. He has remained in custody since then.

The trial has attracted enormous public interest because of Shakur’s enduring influence on music and popular culture. The rapper sold tens of millions of records during his career and remains one of hip-hop’s most influential figures nearly three decades after his death.

Shakur’s family and supporters have spent years seeking answers over what happened that night in Las Vegas. The proceedings now offer prosecutors their first opportunity to present a complete criminal case before a jury.

However, the trial is not expected to resolve every unanswered question surrounding the murder. With the alleged gunman never charged and key witnesses from the 1996 era no longer available, prosecutors face the challenge of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Davis was criminally responsible for the killing.

As jury selection begins Monday, the case enters a historic new chapter — nearly 30 years after one of hip-hop’s most enduring mysteries began.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Watch Moment Davido Shows Carter Efe His Direct Messages with Cristiano Ronaldo (VIDEO)

Published

on

Watch Moment Davido Shows Carter Efe His Direct Messages with Cristiano Ronaldo (VIDEO)—-The Afrobeats superstar left streamer Carter Efe in disbelief after revealing his direct messages with football icon Cristiano Ronaldo during a live broadcast, reigniting buzz about their long-standing friendship.

Nigerian music star Davido surprised content creator Carter Efe and thousands of viewers after briefly showing his private direct messages with Cristiano Ronaldo during a live-stream session, offering fans another glimpse into his relationship with the Portuguese football legend.

The viral moment unfolded during Carter Efe’s livestream with Davido, where the singer scrolled through his phone and flashed what appeared to be an active conversation with Ronaldo. The revelation sparked excitement among viewers, many of whom had previously questioned Davido’s repeated claims that he shares a close relationship with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

Carter Efe reacted with visible amazement, while clips of the exchange quickly spread across social media, with fans praising Davido for seemingly putting an end to doubts about his connection with one of football’s greatest-ever players. The livestream generated widespread discussion across X, Instagram and TikTok, where users debated the pair’s friendship and shared screenshots from the broadcast.

Davido has spoken publicly about his friendship with Ronaldo on several occasions. In interviews, the Afrobeats star has described the Portugal captain as “a very good friend,” while revealing that they have communicated privately over the years.

Earlier, Davido also recounted how Ronaldo personally invited him to watch a Manchester United match at Old Trafford, with plans for dinner and a post-match gathering. According to the singer, United’s defeat that evening left Ronaldo so frustrated that he cancelled the planned meet-up and went straight home—a story that sparked widespread debate online before fans pointed to the pair’s long-standing interactions on social media.

The latest livestream appearance has only strengthened public fascination with Davido’s ties to global sporting icons. While the singer kept the contents of the conversation private, the brief glimpse of the messages was enough to send social media into a frenzy and fuel fresh conversations about his friendship with Cristiano Ronaldo.

The viral moment once again highlighted Davido’s influence beyond music, with the award-winning artist continuing to attract global attention through his connections with some of the world’s biggest names in sports and entertainment.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares