Connect with us
AFCON 2023 Theme Song Will Last Out Tournament

AFCON 2023 Theme Song Will Last Out Tournament – Producer

More Videos

Published

on

AFCON 2023 Theme Song Will Last Out Tournament – Producer—-Franck-Alcide Kacou, the Director General Universal Music Africa, on Friday, said the team song of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2023 was designed to last beyond the tournament.

Kacou said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

He said the record company decided to take a different approach by doing something that would outlive the competition, hence the decision to record an Extended Play (EP) featuring various celebrated African musicians.

“We wanted to have a different approach from what has been done so far around anthems of previous AFCON events.

“We decided to treat this one like an actual music project that could be the soundtrack of the competition and outlive it.

“We had a whole plan from the first quarter of 2023, and we rolled it out perfectly with the help of the artistes, the Confederation of African Football and the local organising committee,” he said.

He explained that the EP paid tribute to the cultural diversity of the continent and the warm welcome of the land of Eburnie.

Kacou added that the AFCON anthem was an explosion of rhythms and melodies embodying the unique spirit of hospitality, passion and celebration.

“It is carried by the incredible artistic talents of superstars and this musical work is the sound box of cultural richness and melodious generosity of a continent ready to party.

“Bringing the artistes together was an amazing experience that came out great.

“Everybody came together as one team. First like a football match and played his/her role for the sake of the project, and the competition.

“It was actually easier than expected to produce the EP and we are fortunate to have been able to pilot this,” Kacou said.

On the outcome of the AFCON anthem Kacou stated that it was embraced globally, and that people had been embracing the anthem and its video so far like never before in the history of AFCON events.

He said music and football could be harnessed to push a positive narrative for Africa and Africans, noting that football and sports in general, and lifestyle/entertainment were interconnected.

“I am sure the EP is going to help amplify the impact globally.

“Especially on the continent today, the audience is usually the same, the success stories are usually linked, and all industries can benefit from this global narrative.

“We’ve witnessed how Roc Nation went from managing artistes, to adding sportsmen and women to their roster.

“I believe this is where we’re heading more and more, and Africa is a fertile field for such model,” he said.

NAN reports that the six-track EP features African musical heavyweights including Yemi Alade, Magic System, Didi B, Roselyne, Layo, Serge Beynaud, Kerozen, CYsoul, Vegedream, Ayanne, Kaaris, Josey, among others.

NAN also reports that AFCON 2023 is scheduled to kick off from Jan. 13 to Feb. 11.

As the football fiesta approaches, the label has released the EP for streaming on all platforms which can be accessed via https://afcon.lnk.to/2023.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Sports

BREAKING: Ex-Chelsea Captain César Azpilicueta Announces Retirement From Football

Published

on

BREAKING: Ex-Chelsea Captain César Azpilicueta Announces Retirement From Football—-Spanish defender brings curtain down on trophy-laden career after spells with Chelsea, Atlético Madrid and Sevilla.

Former Chelsea FC captain César Azpilicueta has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 36.

The Spanish defender confirmed that he will hang up his boots at the end of the season, bringing an end to a remarkable career that spanned nearly two decades.

He shared this news via his social media handles.

Azpilicueta enjoyed his most successful years at Chelsea after joining the club from Marseille in 2012. During his 11-year spell at Stamford Bridge, he made more than 500 appearances and became the first player in the club’s history to win every major trophy available.

As Chelsea captain, Azpilicueta famously lifted the UEFA Champions League trophy in 2021 under Thomas Tuchel, adding to Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup triumphs during his time in London.

Following his departure from Chelsea in 2023, the veteran defender spent two seasons with Atlético Madrid before joining Sevilla FC for the final chapter of his career.

Azpilicueta also represented Spain at international level, earning 44 senior caps and featuring in multiple FIFA World Cups and European Championships.

In an emotional farewell message, the defender admitted it was difficult to make the decision but thanked supporters, teammates, coaches and clubs who shaped his journey in football.

Tributes have since poured in from fans and former teammates, with many describing Azpilicueta as one of Chelsea’s greatest modern-day captains and one of the most respected defenders of his generation.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Shock Omissions as Palmer and Alexander-Arnold Miss England World Cup Selection

Published

on

BREAKING: Shock Omissions as Palmer and Alexander-Arnold Miss England World Cup Selection—-Ex-Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel makes bold selection calls ahead of tournament in North America.

England manager Thomas Tuchel has made several major selection decisions after leaving Cole Palmer and Trent Alexander-Arnold out of the Three Lions’ final squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

The omissions have quickly sparked debate among fans and pundits, with both players considered among England’s biggest talents in recent years.

According to reports, Tuchel opted for balance, tactical flexibility, and current form when finalising his 26-man squad for the tournament in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Palmer’s exclusion comes despite the Chelsea star’s strong performances over the last two seasons, while Alexander-Arnold reportedly missed out due to tactical preferences and competition in defensive areas.

The squad announcement also saw several surprise inclusions, including Ivan Toney and Djed Spence, while experienced names such as Jordan Henderson earned recalls.

Other notable absentees include Harry Maguire and Phil Foden as Tuchel reshapes the squad ahead of England’s World Cup campaign.

England will head into the tournament hoping to end decades of hurt and finally lift the World Cup trophy for the first time since 1966.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares