Connect with us

Published

on

Fans Celebrate Super #Eagles Quarter-Final Victory, Dream #Nigeria, Cote d’ Ivoire #Final—-Football fans in Cote d’Ivoire on Friday, celebrated the victory of Super Eagles over Angola in the quarter-final of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Abidjan.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports  that Nigeria are through to the semi-finals of the AFCON after a hard-fought 1-0 win over giant-killers Angola in Abidjan on Friday.

This was after a lovely assist by Moses Simon, slipping in a lovely pass for Ademola Lookman, who slotted calmly beyond goalkeeper Guilherme da Costa to score the only goal for Nigeria in the 41st minute.

Some fans who spoke to NAN said they were very pleased with the performance of the Super Eagles, and  would love Nigeria to meet hosts Coted’Ivoire in the  final.

Tony Seaman and Zulu Mochoko said they felt very excited about the victory, adding that Nigeria would be the final victors of the tournament.

“We feel very happy! Nigeria is going to take the cup.

“Nobody else but Nigeria, and we are rooting for Cote d’Ivoire to face Nigeria in the final.”

Seyi Dada-Martins said the game was fantastic.

” It was a great performance with a mix of good attacking abilities from the Super Eagles.

“I feel like Nigeria is going all the way, really.

“A Nigeria vs Coted’Ivoire final will be brilliant,” he said.

Another fan, Segun Adekeye said: “We are the best. I am very happy today, and we showed that we were not the mates of the Angolans.

“A Nigeria/Cote d’Ivoire final is what I am looking forward to, now,” he said.

Other Ivorian fans joined in the celebration as they also wished for a Nigeria v Coted’Ivoire final.

Marie Sopie said: “We love Osimhen. He is the best player, and I hope Nigeria goes to the final and takes the cup,” she said.

Buokuze Kousso said even though he is Ivorian, he is very happy that Nigeria won.

NAN also reports that Nigeria will face the winner of Saturday’s quarter-final between Cape Verde and South Africa for a place in the final.

The tournament which began on Jan. 13 in Cote d’Ivoire will end on Feb. 11.

0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares