Connect with us
Bobrisky

How Bobrisky Reportedly Spent Only 3 Weeks In Prison, Guarded Like President

More Videos

Published

on

How Bobrisky Reportedly Spent Only 3 Weeks In Prison, Guarded Like President—-Nigerian transgender, Okuneye Olanrewaju, popularly known as Bobrisky, reportedly spent only three weeks in prison following a six-month sentence for naira abuse in April, according to a report by FIJ.

On Tuesday, social media personality Martins Vincent Otse, known online as VeryDarkMan, shared a recorded phone conversation in which Bobrisky allegedly admitted to serving the majority of her sentence outside of prison.

She also claimed to have paid N15 million to have the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) drop charges of ‘money laundering’ against her.

These revelations have reignited discussions about corruption within Nigerian prisons. In response, Interior Minister Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has ordered “a thorough and unconditional investigation into the allegations of bribery and corruption within the Nigerian Correctional Service.”

Sources close to the situation informed FIJ on Thursday that while Bobrisky was initially taken to Kirikiri prison after her sentencing in April, she left after only three weeks and was officially released in August.

‘Guarded Like a President’

An official from Kirikiri prison shared with FIJ, “Bob spent only three weeks here with us in Kirikiri before she was taken out to another place we don’t know. That was where she spent her time; it was an ‘arrangee thing’. And money was involved.”

The source added that Bobrisky was “guarded like a president” until she was quietly removed from the prison.

“She received VIP treatment all through,” the source continued. “She lived in a special cell. The money she said she paid is actually true; no lies. Yes, she paid the money.”

These claims align with a 2019 undercover investigation by FIJ founder ‘Fisayo Soyombo, where he intentionally got himself arrested and imprisoned, exposing the fact that it was possible to bribe prison officials for privileges such as living in furnished cells, bringing in contraband items, and even avoiding the prison sentence entirely.

Video Call Incident with Bobrisky

The source also recounted a notable incident during Bobrisky’s time at Kirikiri. While prison authorities kept her isolated from other inmates, one event stood out.

“There was this day one guy was on a video call with his girlfriend, and he suddenly turned the camera on Bobrisky,” the official shared. “It was deemed an invasion of Bobrisky’s privacy, so, as punishment, he was locked up in his cell for nearly two months.”

The source added, “As I said, she was heavily guarded, so there weren’t many of such incidents to point at. And she was quietly taken away after three weeks.”

James Brown’s Visit to Bobrisky?

After Otse released the audio recording, social media users began questioning whom James Brown, another well-known crossdresser, visited in Kirikiri prison when she claimed to have visited Bobrisky on June 8.

“By the time James visited,” Bobrisky was no longer in prison, a source from James’ camp revealed to FIJ on Thursday.

“James went there to see one guy called Vindicate who had invited her to collaborate on recording a song from prison. The prison authorities liked the idea of a song recorded from prison, so they let her come.”

No Denial from the Prison Service

As of now, the Nigerian Correctional Service has not publicly denied or confirmed the claims that Bobrisky did not fully serve her jail term at Kirikiri.

However, on Thursday night, the Interior Ministry announced that two deputy controllers of corrections (DCCs) in charge of the medium-security custodial center at Kirikiri, Michael Anugwa and Sikiru Adekunle, had been suspended “over their unprofessional conduct in handling the case of Nigerian crossdresser Idris Okuneye, popularly known as Bobrisky.”

Ja’afaru Ahmed, the secretary of the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board, announced that the suspension was necessary to allow for further investigation.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares

Crime

Ex-Gang Leader Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis Goes on Trial Over 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder

Published

on

Ex-Gang Leader Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis Goes on Trial Over 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder—-Nearly 30 years after Tupac Shakur was killed in a Las Vegas drive-by shooting, Duane “Keffe D” Davis faces trial in the only criminal case brought in connection with the rap icon’s death.

Nearly three decades after Tupac Shakur was fatally shot in Las Vegas, the long-running mystery surrounding the rapper’s death is finally heading into a courtroom as former gang leader Duane “Keffe D” Davis goes on trial Monday.

Davis, 63, is charged with murder with a deadly weapon with the intent to promote, further or assist a criminal gang. He has pleaded not guilty. Jury selection is scheduled to begin in Clark County District Court, with the trial expected to last several weeks.

Prosecutors accuse Davis of helping orchestrate the September 1996 attack that killed Shakur. Authorities allege that Davis was involved in planning the retaliation after an earlier confrontation involving members of his South Side Compton Crips gang and Shakur’s entourage.

Davis has never been accused of personally pulling the trigger. Prosecutors instead contend that he helped organize the attack and supplied the firearm allegedly used in the shooting. The identity of the person who fired the fatal shots remains a central issue in the case.

Shakur was only 25 when he was shot while riding in a BMW driven by Death Row Records co-founder Marion “Suge” Knight following a Mike Tyson boxing match in Las Vegas on September 7, 1996. He died six days later from his injuries.

For years, the investigation produced no criminal charges. The case was revived after Davis made public comments about his alleged involvement, including accounts contained in his 2019 memoir, “Compton Street Legend,” as well as interviews and documentary appearances.

Those statements are expected to form a major part of the prosecution’s case. Prosecutors have acknowledged that Davis’ various accounts contain inconsistencies but argue that his statements nevertheless provide evidence of his role in the killing.

The defense, meanwhile, is expected to challenge the credibility and reliability of those statements. Davis’ lawyers have argued that portions of his memoir and other public accounts were exaggerated or inaccurate, setting up a trial in which the jury may have to determine which parts of Davis’ numerous accounts can be trusted.

The case also brings renewed attention to the bitter East Coast-West Coast rivalry that surrounded the hip-hop industry during the 1990s. Shakur was closely associated with Death Row Records, while the rivalry with Bad Boy Records and figures connected to the East Coast had become increasingly hostile.

Davis was arrested in September 2023 after investigators obtained a new indictment in the case, making him the only person ever charged in connection with Shakur’s murder. He has remained in custody since then.

The trial has attracted enormous public interest because of Shakur’s enduring influence on music and popular culture. The rapper sold tens of millions of records during his career and remains one of hip-hop’s most influential figures nearly three decades after his death.

Shakur’s family and supporters have spent years seeking answers over what happened that night in Las Vegas. The proceedings now offer prosecutors their first opportunity to present a complete criminal case before a jury.

However, the trial is not expected to resolve every unanswered question surrounding the murder. With the alleged gunman never charged and key witnesses from the 1996 era no longer available, prosecutors face the challenge of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Davis was criminally responsible for the killing.

As jury selection begins Monday, the case enters a historic new chapter — nearly 30 years after one of hip-hop’s most enduring mysteries began.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

JUST IN: Seyi Makinde Receives Surveillance Aircraft to Strengthen State Security, Enhance Crime-Fighting Operations

Published

on

JUST IN: Seyi Makinde Receives Surveillance Aircraft to Strengthen State Security, Enhance Crime-Fighting Operations—-Governor Seyi Makinde says the advanced intelligence aircraft will strengthen security operations, enhance aerial surveillance and improve the fight against kidnapping, banditry and other crimes across Oyo State.

Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has officially taken delivery of the state’s long-awaited surveillance aircraft, describing the acquisition as a major milestone in his administration’s efforts to strengthen security and protect lives and property across the state.

The aircraft, a Diamond DA42 MNG Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, arrived after months of manufacturing and assembly, with the governor saying it would significantly enhance intelligence gathering and provide real-time aerial support for security agencies operating across Oyo’s vast terrain.

According to the state government, the surveillance aircraft is equipped with advanced imaging and reconnaissance technology capable of monitoring forests, border communities, mining sites and other remote locations frequently exploited by kidnappers, bandits and other criminal elements. Officials said the platform will complement ground operations by providing security agencies with actionable intelligence and improving rapid response capabilities.

Makinde noted that the aircraft forms part of a broader strategy to modernise Oyo State’s security architecture through technology-driven policing and closer collaboration with the Nigerian Air Force, Amotekun Corps and other security agencies. He explained that intelligence gathered from aerial surveillance would enable security operatives to track criminal movements more effectively and coordinate operations across difficult terrain.

The governor also revealed that the aircraft will play a critical role in monitoring the state’s borders with neighbouring states and the Republic of Benin, areas authorities have identified as vulnerable routes for criminal activities. Beyond security operations, the aircraft is expected to support disaster response, environmental monitoring and emergency management when required.

The acquisition comes amid heightened security concerns in Oyo State following recent incidents of kidnapping, including the abduction of pupils and teachers in Oriire Local Government Area. Makinde previously expressed regret that the surveillance aircraft was not operational during the rescue mission but said its deployment would greatly enhance future operations against criminal groups.

State officials disclosed that Oyo invested about ₦7.76 billion in procuring the surveillance aircraft as part of its long-term security strategy. The government believes the investment will improve intelligence-led policing, strengthen inter-agency cooperation and reinforce public confidence in efforts to tackle insecurity across the state.

Governor Makinde reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to deploying modern technology in safeguarding residents, stressing that security remains a top priority. He added that the aircraft would become fully operational immediately after final integration and testing, marking a new chapter in Oyo State’s fight against crime and insecurity.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares