Connect with us
Manager Allegedly Steals Filling Station N6m

I Was Not In Kogi During Gov Election – SDP’s Star Witness Tells Tribunal

More Videos

Published

on

I Was Not In Kogi During Gov ElectionSDP’s Star Witness Tells Tribunal

. Damages, discredits evidence under cross examination

. Says I didn’t operate BVAS machines during election

The star witness of the Social Democratic Party and its candidate in the November 11 governorship election in Kogi State, in a dramatic twist, on Monday, told the Election Petition Tribunal that he was not in Kogi State on the day of the election.

The star witness, who is a data analyst with the Independent National Electoral Commission, said this as he completed his Evidence-In-Chief and was cross-examined after 11 long days of his testimony before the Tribunal.

The witness, Abdulmalik Njidda, had earlier testified to events that took place during the election in Kogi State, with regard to entries on the BVAS machines used for the election in Adavi, Ajaokuta, Okene, Okehi, Ogori Magongo and Lokoja Local Government Areas of the State.

However, drama ensued when, during cross examination by Counsel to the Governor of Kogi State, the APC and INEC, he turned around to say he was nowhere near Kogi State on the day of the election.

The INEC data analyst confirmed that he was posted to Imo State for the Governorship election, which held on the same day the election in Kogi State was held.

Specifically, the witness admitted that he was never at any of the polling units complained about on election day and in respect of whose BVAS machines he examined before theTribunal.

He said he was therefore not in a position to know or show how the BVAS machines were operated at those polling units.

In his further testimony under cross examination, the witness also admitted that as an INEC data analyst, he was never assigned any function on the day of the election in Kogi State, meaning that he had no reason to operate the BVAS machines he was brought to Court to prove its contents.

When further cross examined on the serial number of the BVAS machines that he was called to demonstrate in Court, the INEC data analyst said he did not know the serial number of the machines, adding that the BVAS machines he demonstrated in Court were not the entirety of the BVAS machines used for the election in Adavi, Ajaokuta, Okene, Okehi, Ogori Magongo and Lokoja Local Government Areas of Kogi State.

The witness could, however, visibly be seen trying to evade some of the questions put to him by the team of defence lawyers.

Chief Kanu Agabi, SAN represented INEC; Dr. Alex Izinyon, SAN, represented Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo and E.C. Ukala, SAN, represented APC.

In summary, the witness said he had no business with the election that took place in Kogi State, that it was the duty of the Presiding Officers to operate BVAS machines at any polling unit; to have the picture of Form EC8A on the respective BVAS used in their polling units and to transmit the result to IRev.

He noted that BVAS machines used for an election were meant to contain Form EC8A but that the BVAS machines he demonstrated in open court did not all have the picture of Form EC8A.

The witness added that he could not tell which ones had the picture of the Form EC8A used at the various polling units.

From what transpired at the Tribunal on Monday, the evidence of the INEC data analyst, who seems to be the main witness for the SDP and its candidate, appears to have been badly damaged.

Attempts by Counsel to the Petitioner, J.S.Okutepa, SAN, to repair the damaged witness through re-examination questions were objected to by the defence team and were overruled as the objections were well rooted in law.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Politics

BREAKING: After Historic Osun Victory, Adeleke Backs Tinubu for 2027 Re-Election

Published

on

BREAKING: After Historic Osun Victory, Adeleke Backs Tinubu for 2027 Re-Election—-Fresh from securing a second term as Osun governor under the Accord Party, Ademola Adeleke has reaffirmed his support for President Bola Tinubu’s bid for another term in 2027.

Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has reaffirmed his support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s bid for re-election in 2027, shortly after securing another four-year term as governor of the state.

Adeleke made the declaration in his victory speech following his successful re-election in the August 15 governorship election, where he contested under the Accord Party after leaving the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The governor’s renewed endorsement of Tinubu adds another significant dimension to his remarkable political journey. Adeleke won his first term as governor in 2022 on the PDP platform but subsequently moved to Accord ahead of the 2026 election, successfully defending his seat as an incumbent under his new party.

Adeleke Praises Tinubu After Election Victory

In his post-election remarks, Adeleke expressed appreciation to President Tinubu, who had called to congratulate him on his victory.

The Osun governor praised the President for what he described as his role in ensuring that democracy continued to thrive, while acknowledging Tinubu’s congratulatory gesture following the election.

Adeleke’s comments represent a notable development given the political rivalry and tensions that characterized the build-up to the Osun election.

Before the poll, the governor had repeatedly called on the Federal Government and security agencies to ensure a free, fair and peaceful election. His campaign also exchanged accusations with the APC over the conduct of the electoral process and the role of federal authorities.

Renewed Support for Tinubu’s 2027 Ambition

Adeleke’s endorsement of Tinubu for 2027 is not entirely new.

The governor had previously declared his support for Tinubu’s re-election campaign before the Osun governorship election. In June, while formally launching his Accord Party re-election campaign, Adeleke described his support for the President as “unshaken and total.”

He again reaffirmed that position after winning the Osun election, emphasizing his continued backing for the President’s second-term ambition. Vanguard and Punch both reported the governor’s renewed endorsement following his victory.

Adeleke also described Tinubu as a son of Osun, further highlighting the personal and political connection he says exists between the President and the state.

Adeleke’s Historic Political Switch

The endorsement comes just days after Adeleke achieved a major political feat by retaining the Osun governorship despite switching parties.

The governor was elected in 2022 as a PDP candidate but later abandoned the party following a prolonged internal crisis. He subsequently joined Accord and secured the party’s ticket to contest the 2026 election.

His decision created considerable political uncertainty because he was defending his position as an incumbent governor without the PDP structure that had originally brought him to power.

Adeleke ultimately overcame the challenge, winning another term under Accord and strengthening his position as one of the country’s most prominent politicians outside the traditional major-party platforms.

Tinubu Congratulates Adeleke

President Tinubu has also congratulated Adeleke on his re-election, describing the result as a reflection of the will of the people.

The President said the outcome demonstrated that democracy continues to flourish in Nigeria and urged the governor to use his renewed mandate to serve the people of Osun State.

The development creates an interesting political dynamic ahead of 2027, with Adeleke now firmly positioned as an Accord governor who is publicly supporting the incumbent President’s re-election bid.

For Adeleke, the immediate priority will be delivering on the mandate he has just received from Osun voters. But his decision to publicly back Tinubu also signals that his political calculations extend beyond the state and into the increasingly important national contest ahead of the 2027 presidential election.

After securing a historic second term under Accord, Adeleke has now turned his attention toward the next political battle — throwing his weight behind Tinubu’s bid to remain President beyond 2027.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: From PDP to Accord, Adeleke Makes History as Incumbent Governor Wins Re-Election in Osun

Published

on

JUST IN: From PDP to Accord, Adeleke Makes History as Incumbent Governor Wins Re-Election in Osun—-The Accord Party candidate defeated APC challenger Bola Oyebamiji by 66,252 votes after winning 19 of Osun State’s 30 local government areas.

Jubilation has erupted across Osun State after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared incumbent Governor Ademola Adeleke the winner of the 2026 governorship election, securing another four-year term in office.

Adeleke, the candidate of the Accord Party, polled 511,067 votes to defeat his closest challenger, Bola Oyebamiji of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who recorded 444,815 votes. The result gave Adeleke a winning margin of 66,252 votes.

The governor’s victory was formally announced early Sunday at the INEC collation centre in Osogbo by the Returning Officer, Professor Joshua Ogunwole, following the collation of results from the state’s 30 local government areas.

Adeleke won 19 of the 30 local government areas, while Oyebamiji secured victory in the remaining 11, highlighting the closely fought nature of the contest despite the eventual margin in the overall vote tally.

The African Democratic Congress candidate, Najeem Salaam, finished a distant third with 17,180 votes, while the other candidates shared the remaining votes.

Celebrations Break Out

News of Adeleke’s victory triggered celebrations among his supporters across the state, with party loyalists and residents taking to the streets to celebrate his return to the Osun Government House.

One of the most prominent reactions came from Afrobeats superstar Davido, Adeleke’s nephew, who had played an active role in his uncle’s campaign. Shortly after INEC announced the result, Davido posted “WE DID IT UNC!!!” on X alongside a video of himself celebrating the victory.

Davido had served as chairman of the Imole Youth Mobilisation Campaign Council and had been heavily involved in mobilising young voters for his uncle during the campaign.

Adeleke Extends His Stay in Government House

Adeleke’s re-election gives him another four years to pursue his administration’s agenda after first winning the Osun governorship election in 2022.

His victory also represents a significant political achievement for the Accord Party, as the governor successfully defended his position against a strong challenge from the APC.

The election was held across Osun’s 30 local government areas on Saturday, with the final results collated into the early hours of Sunday before INEC made the declaration.

With his victory now officially announced, Adeleke is set to begin another four-year tenure as governor of Osun State, while supporters who gathered to celebrate his success hailed the result as a fresh mandate from the people.

For the opposition APC, the defeat means another setback in its attempt to regain control of the South-West state.

The outcome also brings an end to an intensely contested election that attracted significant attention across Nigeria, with Adeleke ultimately emerging victorious and securing his place at the helm of Osun State for another term.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares