Connect with us

Published

on

Insurance Vs Rangers: Afrinvest To Award Winner With N2.5million—-Ahead of the Bendel Insurance Football Club of Benin match against Rangers International of Enugu, Afrinvest West Africa, an investment management holding company, has pledged N2.5 million prize to the winning team.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) Match Day 17 is slated for Saturday, Jan. 6 at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium, Edo State.

The match, which kicks off by 4p.m, is expected to be watched by millions of football lovers across the country and beyond.

The Group Managing Director, Afrinvest West Africa, Ike Chioke, in a statement in Lagos, restated the company’s commitment to supporting the youth toward achieving their life goals.

He said that the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, who is also the founder of Afrinvest, official Jersey Sponsor of Rangers was rallying support for the Bendel Insurance Football Club of Benin.

Chioke lauded Obasek’s support for sports development and insisted that Saturday’s match, accentuated his unalloyed commitment to sports development and youth empowerment.

According to him, the winning team will get N2.5 million cash from Afrinvest, while the loser will get N500,000.

“In the event of draw, each of the two teams will get N1 million payable into the Optimus by Afrinvest, personal accounts of the players and club officials of both teams,” he said.

Chioke added: “Inaugurated in October 2022, Optimus by Afrinvest is a financial technology solution that helps customers do the most by harmonising banking, wealth management and brokerage needs into one simple platform.

“Optimus by Afrinvest is also changing the way people interact with money to achieve financial freedom.

“Our risk management policy ensures we prioritise asset class diversification and execute client’s transactions in line with global best practices.

“We have built, specifically for you, a personalised digital wealth management neobank platform that provides bespoke and innovative financial services to help you reach the peak in your finances,” he said.

0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares