Connect with us

Published

on

JUST IN: Malaysian Government Phase Out Usage Of CNG Vehicles Over Safety Reasons—-The Malaysian government has announced plans to phase out the use of compressed natural gas (CNG) for vehicles and end the sale of natural gas vehicles (NGV) in the country.

Loke Siew Fook, minister of transport, spoke at a press conference recently, according to Free Malaysia Today (FMT), a local media organisation.

In Malaysia, CNG is referred to as NGV.

Fook said CNG-powered vehicles can no longer be registered or be used in Malaysia from July 1, 2025.

He also said Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas), a government-owned oil and gas company, will halt the sale of CNG at its stations in stages, starting on July 1, 2025.

The minister said with only about 44,383 NGVs currently in the country — accounting for 0.2 percent of vehicles in Malaysia, excluding motorcycles — the safety of road users and the public will be restored.

“The NGV tanks of these vehicles are now reaching the end of their service life and need to be replaced and NGV tanks typically have a safe usage period of 15 years,” Fook said.

He further said there are also some car owners who have modified their vehicles using liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders, which are very dangerous.

The minister said the vehicles had caused explosions during accidents.

‘WE ARE PROVIDING SUPPORT PACKAGES FOR THE TRANSITION’

Fook said an assistance package aimed at helping owners of CNG-powered vehicles during the coming transition period has been put in place.

“Taxi drivers using NGV vehicles are eligible for a one-off RM3,000 e-voucher through Petronas’s Setel mobile app,” he said.

“They must have been registered with the Land Public Transport Agency before October 1.

“For dual-fuel vehicle owners, they can get their NGV kits removed for free at workshops selected by the transport ministry. Their vehicles must be registered with the road transport department (JPJ) before October 1.

“Lastly, for owners of purely NGV-powered vehicles, they are eligible for a one-off payment based on the current value of their vehicles, which will be determined by an independent appraiser.

“For this package, the vehicles must also have been registered with JPJ before October 1.

“Upon taking up the offer, the vehicles will be sent to an authorised automotive treatment facility to be disposed of and deregistered by JPJ.”

Fook said it is necessary to prevent the misuse of the vehicles or for any illegal modification to be carried out on them as it would endanger the public.

He said payments under the support package will be made within three to seven working days “of receiving a vehicle’s certificate of destruction and deregistration slip”.

Malaysia introduced the use of compressed natural gas in the late 1990s for taxicabs and airport limousines.

In Nigeria, the federal government is pushing for the adoption of CNG as an alternative fuel for transportation.

The initiative, introduced by President Bola Tinubu as a measure to curb the impact of the removal of petrol subsidy on individuals, “attracted over $200 million in investments so far as the government plans to build 1,000 conversion centres” across the country.

0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares