Connect with us

Published

on

BREAKING: Lamine Yamal Becomes The Youngest Scorer In El-Classico History As Barcelona Massacre Real Madrid At The Santiago Bernabeu—-Barcelona wonderkid Lamine Yamal has become the youngest scorer in El-Classico history when the teenage phenom rifled a shot from an angle over goalkeeper Andriy Lunin in the 77th minute.

Barcelona ended Madrid’s unbeaten run in La Liga at 42 games, one shy of Barcelona’s record streak in 2017-18. Carlo Ancelotti’s side suffered its first loss since Sept. 23 last year.

Lewandowski scored from a superb pass by Barcelona’s latest youth talent Marc Casadó in the 54th minute and headed in a second goal three minutes later to silence Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.

Those were goals 16th and 17th overall for the Poland striker this season, taking his league-best tally to 14. He also hit the post.

Yamal made it a rout in the 77th when the teenage phenom rifled a shot from an angle over goalkeeper Andriy Lunin. Raphinha got involved in the burgundy-and-blue party when he broke free with Madrid pressing forward and chipped Lunin in the 84th.

Mbappé had a frustrating first game against Barcelona in a white shirt.

The France star was repeatedly caught offside by Barcelona’s synchronized back four and failed to beat second-choice goalkeeper Iñaki Peña one-on-one with his team down two goals.

Hansi Flick, meanwhile, had a night to remember in the first clasico for the German coach.

Barcelona still has financial troubles that cast doubt over its future but its team has made huge steps forward since Flick replaced Barcelona great Xavi Hernández in the summer.

Barcelona opened a six-point lead at the top of La Liga over second-placed Madrid after 11 rounds.

“We had a tough week with tough games, but we knew how to pull it out. We played a great game,” Casadó, an unknown reserve team player until Flick picked him to be his holding midfielder, said after his impressive outing.

Casadó was one of five homegrown players that Flick put in his starting lineup, the same 11 that beat Bayern Munich 4-1 in the Champions League three days before. A total of six players under 22 years old started for Barcelona, led by 17-year-olds Yamal and Pau Cubarsí, and showed no signs of being intimidated by the scenario.

Yamal upstaged Mbappé this summer when Spain beat France en route to winning the European Championship, and he did it again when he displayed the finishing touch that Mbappé was lacking. To top it off his scored his fine goal with his supposedly “not as good” right foot.

Mbappé was ruled offside five times in the first half hour, as Barcelona pressed high. Vinícius Júnior, who featured in a fascinating duel with Cubarsí, missed a golden chance in the 21st when he shot past the post from close.

Peña was questioned if he was up to the task of replacing Marc-Andre ter Stegen, out long term with a knee injury. His strong performance, which included two stops to deny Mbappé, was his first great game in goal for Barcelona.

“Our coach said that playing a high defensive line was non-negotiable,” Peña said. “It is risky to play with such a high defense line, but the effort and work of the entire team is reflected in the offside traps we are creating.”

Raphinha’s goal confirmed his massive step forward under Flick. The Brazil forward, who acted as Barcelona captain, has 10 goals in this campaign.

0Shares

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares