Connect with us

Published

on

Sergio Busquets Officially Retires From Professional Football—-Ex Barcelona midfield maestro and current Inter Miami player Sergio Busquets, officially announced announced on Thursday that he will retire from professional football at the end of the current Major League Soccer campaign.

The 37-year-old, who joined Barça’s first team in 2008 under Pep Guardiola at the age of 20, became a key figure in a generation led by Lionel Messi that dominated world football.

World Cup winner with Spain in 2010, Busquets made the announcement in a video shared on social media. He said:

“These will be my last months on the pitch. I retire very happy, proud, fulfilled and above all grateful.”

The midfielder added: “I feel that the moment has come to say goodbye to my career as a professional footballer. It has been almost 20 years enjoying this incredible story that I always dreamed of.”

He leaves grateful to the game that gave him “unique experiences, in wonderful places, alongside the best teammates on the journey.”

Busquets also paid tribute to Barcelona during his retirement announcement, saying:

“Thank you to Football Club Barcelona, the club of my life. There I fulfilled the dreams I had as a child, wore the shirt I loved in hundreds of matches, celebrated many titles and lived unforgettable moments at the Camp Nou.”

“A heartfelt thank you to everyone, and to football, for everything. You will always be a part of this beautiful story,” he captioned the video post on his social media.

Busquets will soon join his former midfield partners-in-crime, Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta, in retirement. He will end his career playing, as he once did at Barça, alongside Lionel Messi, Jordi Alba and Luis Suárez at Inter Miami.

During his time at Barcelona, Busquets won: 3 Champions Leagues, 9 La Liga titles, 7 Copa del Rey trophies, 7 Spanish Super Cups, 3 FIFA Club World Cups, and 3 UEFA Super Cups.

With the Spanish national team, for whom he earned 143 caps, Busquets lifted the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 European Championship. His departure from Barcelona came in 2023, following which he signed for Inter Miami.

0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares