Connect with us

Published

on

Barcelona Legend Andres Iniesta Announces Retirement From Football—-Former Barcelona star and Spanish football icon Andres Iniesta has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 40.

The legendary midfielder, who was a key figure in Spain’s golden era, winning two European Championships and the 2010 World Cup, shared the emotional news during a press conference in Barcelona on Tuesday.

“Being on the pitch is over,” Iniesta said, visibly emotional as he addressed reporters. His decision to step away from the game marks the end of an illustrious career that spanned over two decades, filled with remarkable achievements both at the club and international levels.

Iniesta’s football legacy is cemented by his incredible success with Barcelona, where he won numerous La Liga titles and Champions League trophies.

His ability to control games with his exceptional vision, passing, and technical skill made him one of the greatest midfielders of all time. Iniesta will forever be remembered for his decisive goal in the 2010 World Cup final, securing Spain’s first-ever World Cup title.

“I can’t stay away from football, it’s my life and will continue to be my life. Now I need to continue educating myself, I’m in the process of doing my coaching diploma and that’s the next step.”

“I will try to come back and do a great job, but it won’t be running after the ball, but from another place,” he added.

Iniesta came up through Barcelona’s famed La Masia academy and made his first-team debut in 2002 aged just 18, becoming a mainstay in the midfield before his departure 16 years later.

He won nine La Liga titles and the Champions League four times with Barcelona, but his greatest moment came in the 2010 World Cup final when he scored the winning goal against the Netherlands in extra time.

After leaving Barcelona in 2018, Iniesta spent five years with Japanese club Vissel Kobe before playing one final season with Emirates of the UAE.

0Shares

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares