Connect with us

Published

on

#Pochettino’s Job Looks Safe For Now, Despite Devastating Defeat Against #Wolves—-Mauricio Pochettino will hold his press conference as expected on Tuesday, suggesting his job remains safe despite mounting scrutiny in the wake of a calamitous loss to Wolves.

Chelsea travel to Villa Park on Wednesday for their FA Cup fourth round replay desperate to stop the rot and still reeling from a 4-2 defeat at Stamford Bridge that saw them booed off the pitch.

Matheus Cunha’s hat-trick and Axel Disasi’s own goal cancelled out Cole Palmer’s opener, before Thiago Silva scored a late consolation for the Blues.

The defeat left Chelsea 11th on the Premier League table, 15 points adrift of fourth-placed Aston Villa.

The dismal result came just four days after the Blues were on the receiving end of a 4-1 thrashing against Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday night.

The Blues have now lost 10 of their 23 Premier League games and Pochettino admitted his team are not currently playing well enough to secure European qualification.

‘At the moment, that is the reality,’ the Argentine said in his press conference.

‘Myself, also. I’m the first one responsible. What we were showing was that we are not good enough. We didn’t manage the situation properly and, of course, no one can be safe.

‘I don’t want to come here and say, “No, I am the best, and the players are the worst”.

‘We are all responsible. The players need to take responsibility like I take responsibility. At the moment, we are not matching the history of the club. That is true.’

The thumping loss saw even Silva’s wife pile pressure on the manager.

Silva’s partner Belle posted on her social media: ‘It’s time to change. If you wait any longer it will be too late.’

Chelsea have spent over £1billion in four transfer windows since Todd Boehly took over the club, with Pochettino splashing £400m on players last summer alone.

But the Blues have little to show for their investment so far, with a place in the Carabao Cup final later this month the only positive in an otherwise dismal season.

On Sunday, Chelsea’s supporters directed their anger towards the team, booing the players off the pitch at half-time and full-time.

A small group even sang Jose Mourinho’s name, with the Portuguese manager now out of work following his sacking by Roma last month.

‘I’m a human,’ Pochettino said of the criticism. ‘Of course that is not a nice situation.

‘When you don’t win at a club like Chelsea with all the expectation, you need to accept that what happened can happen. To be in this business, at this type of club, you need to be strong.

‘The perception is one thing, another is the reality. The perception is that Chelsea should be in a different position but we are not there. Maybe because we are not good enough.

‘To understand the fans is really important. We say, “Yes, we want to apologise, I feel sorry”.’

The defeat against Wolves was Pochettino’s 31st game in charge of the Blues, matching the total Graham Potter managed before he was sacked in April last year.

The Argentine has won 15 games to Potter’s 12 in all competitions, but both have lost 11 times. In the Premier League, the Blues have won 31 points under Pochettino, three more than they did with the former Brighton manager at the helm.

Under Pochettino Chelsea have been significantly more prolific, scoring 54 goals compared to the 33 they managed under Potter.

Significantly, however, they have also conceded 48 times under the current regime, a marked increase to the 31 goals they allowed under Potter.

0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal

Published

on

Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach
BREAKING: Chelsea Appoint Xabi Alonso as New Head Coach on Four-Year Deal—-Former midfield maestro arrives at Stamford Bridge after impressive rise in management.

Chelsea FC have officially confirmed the appointment of Xabi Alonso as the club’s new manager on a four-year contract.

The Spaniard is expected to begin his role at Stamford Bridge on July 1, 2026, as Chelsea look to rebuild after another turbulent campaign.

Chelsea announced the appointment on the club’s official website, describing Alonso as one of the most respected figures in modern football following his rapid rise in management.

Alonso arrives in London with a growing reputation after successful spells with Bayer 04 Leverkusen and Real Madrid. He gained widespread praise for leading Leverkusen to an unbeaten Bundesliga-winning campaign and a domestic double during the 2023/24 season.

The 44-year-old replaces Liam Rosenior following Chelsea’s disappointing season, which included defeat in the FA Cup final and inconsistent Premier League form.

Reports suggest Chelsea’s hierarchy see Alonso as the ideal figure to bring stability, tactical identity, and long-term direction to the club after several managerial changes in recent years.

Speaking after the announcement, Alonso expressed excitement about the challenge ahead and said he is determined to build a competitive team capable of fighting for major honours once again.

The appointment also marks Alonso’s return to English football, having previously enjoyed a successful playing career with Liverpool FC, where he won the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Chelsea supporters will now hope the former midfield maestro can restore the club’s identity and guide the Blues back into contention both domestically and in Europe.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Breaking

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea

Published

on

FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City

BREAKING: FA Cup Triumph for Manchester City After Narrow Win Over Chelsea—-Semenyo’s second-half winner seals Wembley triumph as Guardiola’s side lift another major trophy

Manchester City defeated Chelsea FC 1-0 at Wembley to win the 2026 FA Cup, thanks to a moment of brilliance from Antoine Semenyo.

The tightly contested final remained goalless for much of the afternoon before Semenyo broke the deadlock in the 72nd minute with a clever backheel finish from an Erling Haaland cross.

The victory handed City their eighth FA Cup title and completed a domestic cup double for manager Pep Guardiola after already securing the League Cup earlier in the season.

Chelsea showed flashes of promise and created a few dangerous moments, but the Blues struggled to convert their opportunities. Enzo Fernández and João Pedro both went close, while City goalkeeper James Trafford remained composed when called upon.

The match also saw late drama as Chelsea pushed for an equaliser in stoppage time, but Guardiola’s side held firm to secure the trophy.

The result extends Chelsea’s difficult record in domestic cup finals, with the Blues now losing seven consecutive appearances in such showpiece matches.

For City, however, the triumph further reinforces their dominance in English football and keeps alive hopes of ending the campaign with even more silverware.

0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

0Shares