Connect with us
Alowonle Bags 12 Years Imprisonment For Raping Minor

Saliu Alowonle Bags 12 Years Imprisonment For Raping Minor

More Videos

Published

on

Saliu Alowonle Bags 12 Years Imprisonment For Raping Minor—-The Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court in Ikeja, on Tuesday, sentenced one Saliu Alowonle to 12 years imprisonment for grievous harm and having unlawful sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl (name withheld).

Justice Rahman Oshodi convicted and sentenced Alowonle to 12 years imprisonment, following his plea bargain agreement to the amended two-count charge preferred against him by the Lagos State Government.

Oshodi said: “Saliu Alowonle, you have pleaded guilty to two serious offences – grievous harm and forcing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

“These offences have caused significant trauma to the victim and her family.

“I have considered the terms of plea and sentence agreement which demonstrate acceptance of responsibility

“I hereby sentence you to seven years imprisonment on count one and five years jail term on count two.”

He further held that the sentences would run consecutively, totaling 12 years.

“You shall be registered as a sex offender in the Lagos state sexual offences register.

“You shall also undergo a mandatory counseling and you must have no direct and indirect contact with the victim’s family,” the judge said.

The Lagos State Government had earlier charged the convict on a three-count charge of conspiracy to commit robbery, armed robbery and conspiracy to commit felony.

He had pleaded not guilty following his  arraignment on June 20, 2022.

During the trial, the State Counsel, Ms Olufunmilayo Aluko, had called the stepfather of the survivor as a prosecution witness in the case.

The witness testified that the survivor was outside their apartment to take in clothes spread outside to dry in 2019, when two armed men forcefully took her to a nearby field.

The witness further said that a child that saw the abduction alerted passerby about the incident, which was reported to the police who arrested the convict while his accomplice escaped from the crime scene.

According to the stepfather, his wife had been overwhelmed and in trauma since the incident, and which made her relocate to Kogi State with the survivor.

Later in the trial, the prosecutor informed the court that Alowonle, through his counsel, Mr Yusuf Oyebanji, had entered a plea bargain agreement dated Feb. 19.

Oyebanji, in his allocutus, prayed the court to temper justice with mercy in respect of his client.

“My lord, I plead with this court to temper  justice with mercy.

“Since I came into this matter, I have witness the remorsefulness of the convict,” he said.

According to the prosecution, the offences contravene Sections 245 and 265 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Sports

BREAKING: Ex-Chelsea Captain César Azpilicueta Announces Retirement From Football

Published

on

BREAKING: Ex-Chelsea Captain César Azpilicueta Announces Retirement From Football—-Spanish defender brings curtain down on trophy-laden career after spells with Chelsea, Atlético Madrid and Sevilla.

Former Chelsea FC captain César Azpilicueta has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 36.

The Spanish defender confirmed that he will hang up his boots at the end of the season, bringing an end to a remarkable career that spanned nearly two decades.

He shared this news via his social media handles.

Azpilicueta enjoyed his most successful years at Chelsea after joining the club from Marseille in 2012. During his 11-year spell at Stamford Bridge, he made more than 500 appearances and became the first player in the club’s history to win every major trophy available.

As Chelsea captain, Azpilicueta famously lifted the UEFA Champions League trophy in 2021 under Thomas Tuchel, adding to Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup triumphs during his time in London.

Following his departure from Chelsea in 2023, the veteran defender spent two seasons with Atlético Madrid before joining Sevilla FC for the final chapter of his career.

Azpilicueta also represented Spain at international level, earning 44 senior caps and featuring in multiple FIFA World Cups and European Championships.

In an emotional farewell message, the defender admitted it was difficult to make the decision but thanked supporters, teammates, coaches and clubs who shaped his journey in football.

Tributes have since poured in from fans and former teammates, with many describing Azpilicueta as one of Chelsea’s greatest modern-day captains and one of the most respected defenders of his generation.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Shock Omissions as Palmer and Alexander-Arnold Miss England World Cup Selection

Published

on

BREAKING: Shock Omissions as Palmer and Alexander-Arnold Miss England World Cup Selection—-Ex-Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel makes bold selection calls ahead of tournament in North America.

England manager Thomas Tuchel has made several major selection decisions after leaving Cole Palmer and Trent Alexander-Arnold out of the Three Lions’ final squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

The omissions have quickly sparked debate among fans and pundits, with both players considered among England’s biggest talents in recent years.

According to reports, Tuchel opted for balance, tactical flexibility, and current form when finalising his 26-man squad for the tournament in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Palmer’s exclusion comes despite the Chelsea star’s strong performances over the last two seasons, while Alexander-Arnold reportedly missed out due to tactical preferences and competition in defensive areas.

The squad announcement also saw several surprise inclusions, including Ivan Toney and Djed Spence, while experienced names such as Jordan Henderson earned recalls.

Other notable absentees include Harry Maguire and Phil Foden as Tuchel reshapes the squad ahead of England’s World Cup campaign.

England will head into the tournament hoping to end decades of hurt and finally lift the World Cup trophy for the first time since 1966.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares