Connect with us
Trump Signals Iran Talks as Markets Rally

Trump Signals Iran Talks as Markets Rally, Oil Prices Slide on Hopes of Strait Reopening

More Videos

Published

on

Trump Signals Iran Talks as Markets Rally, Oil Prices Slide on Hopes of Strait Reopening—-President Donald Trump announced that the United States is engaged in high-level negotiations with Iran to end the three-week-long war, raising hopes of easing global energy tensions and reopening the critical Strait of Hormuz.

Speaking on Monday, Trump said both sides had held “very good and productive conversations” over two days, with further discussions expected throughout the week. It marked his first public acknowledgment of direct talks since the U.S. and Israel began coordinated strikes on Iran on February 28, targeting military and leadership structures.

The prospect of de-escalation immediately lifted global markets, with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average both rising more than 1 percent. Oil prices also dropped sharply, with Brent crude falling about 10 percent, as investors bet that Iran’s blockade of the Strait of Hormuz could soon be lifted.

The waterway, which carries roughly 30 percent of global crude oil shipments, has been effectively shut down due to Iranian threats and attacks on shipping, triggering a global energy crunch and pushing fuel prices higher worldwide.

Trump revealed that he had ordered a five-day pause on planned U.S. strikes against Iranian energy infrastructure to allow negotiations to progress. The move temporarily delays a previously issued 48-hour ultimatum demanding that Tehran reopen the strait or face attacks on its power facilities.

“We have had very strong talks… I think if they carry through, it’ll end that problem,” Trump told reporters, expressing optimism about reaching a resolution that could also address Iran’s nuclear ambitions.

However, Iranian officials pushed back on Trump’s claims. The country’s Foreign Ministry dismissed the characterization of ongoing negotiations, insisting that Tehran’s position remains unchanged: any talks must be preceded by a halt to U.S. and Israeli military actions. Iran has also demanded guarantees against future attacks and compensation for war-related losses.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Netanyahu confirmed he had spoken with Trump but signaled that Israel would continue its military operations, emphasizing that national security interests would be protected regardless of diplomatic efforts.

Beyond reopening the strait, key sticking points remain unresolved, including the fate of Iran’s nuclear program and its stockpile of highly enriched uranium. Analysts warn that while market optimism is rising, volatility will persist unless a concrete agreement is reached.

Despite the dip in oil prices, they remain significantly elevated compared to pre-war levels, with U.S. gasoline prices nearing four-year highs. Experts caution that failure to reopen the Strait of Hormuz in the coming weeks could send crude prices soaring again, potentially exceeding historic records.

As diplomatic efforts intensify, global markets—and governments—are closely watching whether negotiations can deliver a lasting ceasefire or if tensions will escalate once more.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares

Sports

JUST IN: Maresca Suffers Arsenal Defeat Again as Manchester City Lose Community Shield 3–0

Published

on

JUST IN: Maresca Suffers Arsenal Defeat Again as Manchester City Lose  Community Shield3–0—-Enzo Maresca’s competitive debut as Manchester City manager ends in disappointment as Arsenal cruise to victory in Cardiff and lift the Community Shield.

Enzo Maresca’s first competitive match in charge of Manchester City ended in a nightmare as Arsenal swept aside the FA Cup holders 3–0 to claim the 2026 Community Shield at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.

The defeat means Maresca has suffered another setback against Arsenal, having previously faced the Gunners during his time at Chelsea. But this loss will carry particular significance, coming in his first competitive game since taking over from Pep Guardiola at City.

Calafiori Strikes Inside 24 Seconds

Arsenal needed less than a minute to take control.

Riccardo Calafiori opened the scoring after just 24 seconds, finishing from Myles Lewis-Skelly’s delivery to give Mikel Arteta’s side a dream start. It was reported as the fastest Community Shield goal in 58 years.

The early goal immediately put City under pressure and gave Arsenal confidence as they looked to exploit the uncertainty surrounding Maresca’s new-look side.

Havertz Doubles Arsenal’s Lead

Arsenal continued to dominate and eventually doubled their advantage in the 28th minute.

Kai Havertz found the net after goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma failed to deal convincingly with the situation, leaving Arsenal with a commanding 2–0 lead before half-time.

City struggled to generate a sustained attacking response, with Arsenal’s defensive organisation limiting the opportunities available to Erling Haaland and Phil Foden.

Ødegaard Completes the Rout

The Gunners completed the victory early in the second half when captain Martin Ødegaard added a third goal.

Christos Tzolis was involved in another Arsenal attacking move, while Ødegaard produced a composed finish to effectively put the contest beyond City’s reach.

Arsenal’s defence then held firm to preserve a clean sheet and secure a convincing victory.

A Nightmare Start for Maresca

The result could hardly have been more difficult for Maresca.

The Italian was appointed as Guardiola’s successor after City entered a new era following the Spaniard’s departure. The Community Shield represented Maresca’s first competitive opportunity to demonstrate that he could lead the club back to the top of English football.

Instead, Arsenal exposed several weaknesses in his team, particularly in defensive organisation and their ability to control the match after falling behind.

Maresca had previously said one of his ambitions at City was to close the gap on Arsenal, who finished as Premier League champions last season. His first competitive meeting with the Gunners therefore provided an immediate test of that ambition.

Arsenal Send Early Warning

For Arteta and Arsenal, the victory provides an early statement ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

The Gunners looked sharp, aggressive and confident, while their new additions and returning players fitted smoothly into Arteta’s system.

The Community Shield does not determine the Premier League title race, but Arsenal’s performance will undoubtedly strengthen belief among their supporters that the champions are ready to defend their crown and compete for further silverware.

For Maresca, however, there is now plenty of work to do.

Manchester City’s new era has begun with a heavy defeat, while Arsenal have already sent a clear message to their rivals: they are ready for another fight at the top.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Super Falcons Miss Out on 2027 World Cup After 2–1 Defeat to Banyana Banyana

Published

on

BREAKING: Super Falcons Miss Out on 2027 World Cup After 2–1 Defeat to Banyana Banyana—-Super Falcons hopes of reaching the Women’s World Cup in Brazil have been shattered after South Africa struck twice in Casablanca to end the Super Falcons’ remarkable qualification streak.

Nigeria’s Super Falcons will miss the 2027 FIFA Women’s World Cup for the first time in their history after suffering a 2–1 defeat to South Africa’s Banyana Banyana in a decisive qualification play-off in Casablanca.

The defeat brings an end to Nigeria’s remarkable record of appearing at every previous edition of the Women’s World Cup since the tournament began in 1991. The Super Falcons had been handed another opportunity to keep their qualification hopes alive after their disappointing quarter-final exit at the 2026 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations.

Nigeria entered the contest needing victory to keep their World Cup dream alive, while South Africa faced the same all-or-nothing scenario after also falling at the quarter-final stage of the WAFCON.

The two sides battled through a goalless first half, with neither able to find the breakthrough in a tense encounter at the Moulay Rachid Stadium.

South Africa eventually broke the deadlock after the interval when Thembi Kgatlana found the net in the 56th minute, giving Desiree Ellis’ side a crucial advantage.

The goal forced Nigeria to chase the game, but the Super Falcons struggled to produce a sustained response. South Africa remained dangerous and eventually doubled their advantage through captain Refiloe Jane, who struck in the 77th minute to put Banyana Banyana firmly in control.

Nigeria managed to pull a goal back late in the contest when Christy Ucheibe converted from the penalty spot, giving the Super Falcons renewed hope of completing a dramatic comeback.

However, the equaliser never arrived.

South Africa held on to secure a historic 2–1 victory and, in doing so, ended Nigeria’s extraordinary run of World Cup appearances.

The result is particularly painful for the Super Falcons because the 2026 WAFCON served as part of Africa’s qualification pathway for the 2027 World Cup. The four semi-finalists earned automatic qualification, while the teams eliminated in the quarter-finals were given another opportunity through continental play-offs.

Nigeria had already surrendered their automatic qualification opportunity after losing 1–0 to Cameroon in the WAFCON quarter-finals. That defeat sent the 10-time African champions into the play-off route alongside South Africa, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire.

But the Super Falcons have now suffered another defeat when it mattered most.

For South Africa, the victory represents a major breakthrough in their own qualification campaign. Banyana Banyana will now progress to the inter-confederation play-offs, keeping their hopes of appearing at a third consecutive Women’s World Cup alive.

For Nigeria, however, the consequences are historic.

The Super Falcons had previously never failed to qualify for a Women’s World Cup. Their uninterrupted presence at the tournament had made them the only African women’s national team to achieve such a record.

That run has now come to an abrupt end.

The defeat also caps a hugely disappointing WAFCON campaign for Nigeria. Despite being the defending African champions and the continent’s most successful women’s national team, the Falcons exited the tournament at the quarter-final stage before falling to South Africa in their final World Cup qualification opportunity.

Nigeria’s elimination will inevitably lead to questions surrounding the team’s preparation, tactical approach and performance during the tournament. Coach Justin Madugu had acknowledged before the South Africa clash that his side had another opportunity to rescue their World Cup campaign and promised that the players would give everything to secure victory.

Instead, it was South Africa who delivered when the pressure was greatest.

The Super Falcons’ historic World Cup streak is over, while Banyana Banyana march on with their hopes of reaching Brazil 2027 still alive.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares