Connect with us
Atiku is the Messiah Nigeria needs

Atiku is the Messiah Nigeria needs, says Former Lagos PDP Chairman Aeroland

More Videos

Published

on

Atiku is the Messiah Nigeria needs, says Former Lagos PDP Chairman Aeroland

 

 

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Segun Adewale, says former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar is the Messiah Nigeria needs now and he can fix the economy.

Adewale, a former Lagos State Chairman of the party, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Lagos that no one should write off Abubakar politically or tell him to leave the PDP.

Recalls that some critics of Abubakar’s presidential ambition, including former PDP Deputy National Chairman, Chief Olabode George and former Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State had advised the former vice president not to run on the PDP platform in 2027.

While George on Wednesday told Abubakar to immediately resign from the PDP over an alleged anti-party activities, Fayose said he would work against his presidential ambition, if he decided to contest in 2027.

Speaking, Adewale popularly known as Aeroland, said that no one should play God over the ambition of the former vice president.

“He (Abubakar) has been tested and tried as part of the few politicians with contentment, and he has never given up.

“He has been in power, he understands Nigerian politics. He knows our challenges compared to other politicians that just want to grab power to get wealth.

“Atiku is one of the politicians that I know that is satisfied with whatever he has. Most others politicians, like his critics, are gluttons.

“It is unfortunate that the unrelenting opposition that Atiku has is still in the PDP, his party, not even outside PDP,” Adewale said.

According to him, it is sad that members of the PDP are still the one vehemently opposing Abubakar’s planned coalition to defeat the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for PDP, and return the party to power.

“Anyone within PDP saying Atiku should not contest in 2027 is working for the opposition and not for the party or the country.

“They are working for personal pocket, therefore, should not be listening to. We must discard their opinions.

“All dissenting voices in our party are working for their stomach, not for Nigeria,” Adewale said.

He maintained that none of the opposition party could defeat the ruling party single-handedly, not even Mr Peter Obi of the Labour Party.

Calling for a rejig in Nigeria’s electoral system to deepen democracy, Adewale claimed that he had been allegedly robbed of electoral victory severally in Lagos State owing to a flawed system.

“It is not about how smart we are, but about the system. It is not about how popular you are, it is about the system. We must join hands to correct this before 2027 polls.

According to him, Nigerians are tired of poor governance, calling for a change and breath of fresh air.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares

Sports

BREAKING: Ex-Chelsea Captain César Azpilicueta Announces Retirement From Football

Published

on

BREAKING: Ex-Chelsea Captain César Azpilicueta Announces Retirement From Football—-Spanish defender brings curtain down on trophy-laden career after spells with Chelsea, Atlético Madrid and Sevilla.

Former Chelsea FC captain César Azpilicueta has officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 36.

The Spanish defender confirmed that he will hang up his boots at the end of the season, bringing an end to a remarkable career that spanned nearly two decades.

He shared this news via his social media handles.

Azpilicueta enjoyed his most successful years at Chelsea after joining the club from Marseille in 2012. During his 11-year spell at Stamford Bridge, he made more than 500 appearances and became the first player in the club’s history to win every major trophy available.

As Chelsea captain, Azpilicueta famously lifted the UEFA Champions League trophy in 2021 under Thomas Tuchel, adding to Premier League, Europa League, FA Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup triumphs during his time in London.

Following his departure from Chelsea in 2023, the veteran defender spent two seasons with Atlético Madrid before joining Sevilla FC for the final chapter of his career.

Azpilicueta also represented Spain at international level, earning 44 senior caps and featuring in multiple FIFA World Cups and European Championships.

In an emotional farewell message, the defender admitted it was difficult to make the decision but thanked supporters, teammates, coaches and clubs who shaped his journey in football.

Tributes have since poured in from fans and former teammates, with many describing Azpilicueta as one of Chelsea’s greatest modern-day captains and one of the most respected defenders of his generation.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Shock Omissions as Palmer and Alexander-Arnold Miss England World Cup Selection

Published

on

BREAKING: Shock Omissions as Palmer and Alexander-Arnold Miss England World Cup Selection—-Ex-Chelsea Manager Thomas Tuchel makes bold selection calls ahead of tournament in North America.

England manager Thomas Tuchel has made several major selection decisions after leaving Cole Palmer and Trent Alexander-Arnold out of the Three Lions’ final squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

The omissions have quickly sparked debate among fans and pundits, with both players considered among England’s biggest talents in recent years.

According to reports, Tuchel opted for balance, tactical flexibility, and current form when finalising his 26-man squad for the tournament in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

Palmer’s exclusion comes despite the Chelsea star’s strong performances over the last two seasons, while Alexander-Arnold reportedly missed out due to tactical preferences and competition in defensive areas.

The squad announcement also saw several surprise inclusions, including Ivan Toney and Djed Spence, while experienced names such as Jordan Henderson earned recalls.

Other notable absentees include Harry Maguire and Phil Foden as Tuchel reshapes the squad ahead of England’s World Cup campaign.

England will head into the tournament hoping to end decades of hurt and finally lift the World Cup trophy for the first time since 1966.

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter 0 LinkedIn WhatsApp 0Shares