Connect with us
Joe Biden Diagnose With Advance Prostate Cancer

Former POTUS Joe Biden Diagnose With Advance Prostate Cancer

More Videos

Published

on

Former POTUS Joe Biden Diagnose With Advance Prostate Cancer—-Former US President Joe Biden has been diagnosed with prostate cancer that has spread to his bones, a statement from his office said on Sunday.

Biden, 82, was diagnosed on Friday after he saw a doctor last week for urinary symptoms.

The cancer is a more aggressive form of the disease, characterised by a Gleason score of 9 out of 10. This means his illness is classified as “high-grade” and that the cancer cells could spread quickly, according to Cancer Research UK.

Biden and his family are said to be reviewing treatment options. The former president’s office added that the cancer is hormone-sensitive, meaning it can likely be managed.

After news broke of his diagnosis, the former president received support from both sides of the aisle.

President Donald Trump wrote on his social media platform Truth Social that he and First Lady Melania Trump “are saddened to hear about Joe Biden’s recent medical diagnosis.”

“We extend our warmest and best wishes to Jill and the family,” he said, referring to former First Lady Jill Biden. “We wish Joe a fast and successful recovery.”

Former Vice-President Kamala Harris, who served under Biden, wrote on X that she and her husband Doug Emhoff are keeping the Biden family in their prayers.

“Joe is a fighter — and I know he will face this challenge with the same strength, resilience, and optimism that have always defined his life and leadership,” Harris said.

The news comes nearly a year after the former president was forced to drop out of the 2024 US presidential election over concerns about his health and age. He is the oldest person to hold the office in US history.

Biden, then the Democratic nominee vying for re-election, faced mounting criticism of his poor performance in a June televised debate against Republican nominee and current president Donald Trump. He was replaced as the Democratic candidate by his vice president Harris.

Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer affecting men, behind skin cancer, according to the Cleveland Clinic. The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that 13 out of every 100 men will develop prostate cancer at some point in their lives.

Age is the most common risk factor, the CDC says.

Dr William Dahut, the Chief Scientific Officer at the American Cancer Society and a trained prostate cancer physician, told the BBC that the cancer is more aggressive in nature, based on the publicly-available information on Biden’s diagnosis.

“In general, if cancer has spread to the bones, we don’t think it is considered a curable cancer,” Dr Dahut said.

He noted, however, that most patients tend to respond well to initial treatment, “and people can live many years with the diagnosis”.

Dr Dahut said that someone with the former president’s diagnosis will likely be offered hormonal therapies to mitigate symptoms and to slow the growth of cancerous cells.

Biden had largely retreated from the public eye since leaving the White House and he has made few public appearances.

The former president delivered a keynote speech in April at a Chicago conference held by the Advocates, Counselors, and Representatives for the Disabled, a US-based advocacy group for people with disabilities.

In May, he sat down for an interview with the BBC – his first since leaving the White House – where he admitted that the decision to step down from the 2024 race was “difficult”.

Biden has faced questions about the status of his health in recent months.

In an appearance on The View programme that also took place in May, Biden denied claims that he had been experiencing cognitive decline in his final year at the White House. “There is nothing to sustain that,” he said.

For many years, the president had advocated for cancer research. In 2022, he and Mrs Biden relaunched the Cancer Moonshot initiative with the goal of mobilising research efforts to prevent more than four million cancer deaths by the year 2047.

Biden himself lost his eldest son, Beau, to brain cancer in 2015.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a ReplyCancel reply

Crime

Ex-Gang Leader Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis Goes on Trial Over 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder

Published

on

Ex-Gang Leader Duane ‘Keffe D’ Davis Goes on Trial Over 1996 Tupac Shakur Murder—-Nearly 30 years after Tupac Shakur was killed in a Las Vegas drive-by shooting, Duane “Keffe D” Davis faces trial in the only criminal case brought in connection with the rap icon’s death.

Nearly three decades after Tupac Shakur was fatally shot in Las Vegas, the long-running mystery surrounding the rapper’s death is finally heading into a courtroom as former gang leader Duane “Keffe D” Davis goes on trial Monday.

Davis, 63, is charged with murder with a deadly weapon with the intent to promote, further or assist a criminal gang. He has pleaded not guilty. Jury selection is scheduled to begin in Clark County District Court, with the trial expected to last several weeks.

Prosecutors accuse Davis of helping orchestrate the September 1996 attack that killed Shakur. Authorities allege that Davis was involved in planning the retaliation after an earlier confrontation involving members of his South Side Compton Crips gang and Shakur’s entourage.

Davis has never been accused of personally pulling the trigger. Prosecutors instead contend that he helped organize the attack and supplied the firearm allegedly used in the shooting. The identity of the person who fired the fatal shots remains a central issue in the case.

Shakur was only 25 when he was shot while riding in a BMW driven by Death Row Records co-founder Marion “Suge” Knight following a Mike Tyson boxing match in Las Vegas on September 7, 1996. He died six days later from his injuries.

For years, the investigation produced no criminal charges. The case was revived after Davis made public comments about his alleged involvement, including accounts contained in his 2019 memoir, “Compton Street Legend,” as well as interviews and documentary appearances.

Those statements are expected to form a major part of the prosecution’s case. Prosecutors have acknowledged that Davis’ various accounts contain inconsistencies but argue that his statements nevertheless provide evidence of his role in the killing.

The defense, meanwhile, is expected to challenge the credibility and reliability of those statements. Davis’ lawyers have argued that portions of his memoir and other public accounts were exaggerated or inaccurate, setting up a trial in which the jury may have to determine which parts of Davis’ numerous accounts can be trusted.

The case also brings renewed attention to the bitter East Coast-West Coast rivalry that surrounded the hip-hop industry during the 1990s. Shakur was closely associated with Death Row Records, while the rivalry with Bad Boy Records and figures connected to the East Coast had become increasingly hostile.

Davis was arrested in September 2023 after investigators obtained a new indictment in the case, making him the only person ever charged in connection with Shakur’s murder. He has remained in custody since then.

The trial has attracted enormous public interest because of Shakur’s enduring influence on music and popular culture. The rapper sold tens of millions of records during his career and remains one of hip-hop’s most influential figures nearly three decades after his death.

Shakur’s family and supporters have spent years seeking answers over what happened that night in Las Vegas. The proceedings now offer prosecutors their first opportunity to present a complete criminal case before a jury.

However, the trial is not expected to resolve every unanswered question surrounding the murder. With the alleged gunman never charged and key witnesses from the 1996 era no longer available, prosecutors face the challenge of proving beyond a reasonable doubt that Davis was criminally responsible for the killing.

As jury selection begins Monday, the case enters a historic new chapter — nearly 30 years after one of hip-hop’s most enduring mysteries began.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Lionel Messi’s Father Jorge Messi Dies at 68 After Long Illness

Published

on

BREAKING: Lionel Messi’s Father Jorge Messi Dies at 68 After Long Illness—-Jorge Messi, the longtime agent and father of Argentina and Inter Miami superstar Lionel Messi, has died in Rosario after battling an undisclosed illness.

Jorge Messi, the father and longtime representative of football superstar Lionel Messi, has died at the age of 68, bringing an end to the life of a man who played a central role in shaping one of the greatest careers in football history.

Jorge died on Friday night at a medical clinic in Rosario, Argentina, following a long illness, according to the Messi family and reports from Reuters and the Associated Press. His death comes less than two months after Lionel Messi and Argentina competed at the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

For decades, Jorge remained one of the most important figures behind his son’s extraordinary career. He served as Lionel’s agent from his teenage years and was closely involved in the major decisions that took the Argentine from a gifted youngster in Rosario to global football superstardom.

Born and raised in Argentina, Jorge worked in the steel industry before becoming heavily involved in his son’s football career. He supported Lionel from his earliest days at Newell’s Old Boys and later accompanied him when the young footballer travelled to Spain to pursue an opportunity with Barcelona’s famed La Masia academy.

That journey ultimately transformed the Messi family’s life. Lionel went on to become one of the most decorated players in football history, winning numerous domestic titles, Champions League trophies, individual awards and the 2022 World Cup with Argentina.

Jorge remained closely involved throughout that journey, handling much of his son’s professional representation and business affairs. He was involved in contract negotiations and major career moves, including Lionel’s departures from Barcelona and subsequent transfers to Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Miami.

The Messi family had previously asked the public and media to respect their privacy regarding Jorge’s health. In June, the family confirmed that he was receiving medical treatment for an undisclosed health condition after false reports about his death circulated during the World Cup.

Jorge’s illness also became an emotional backdrop to Lionel’s participation in the 2026 World Cup. The Argentina captain had spoken about personal difficulties surrounding his father’s condition during the tournament, with his family keeping details of the illness private.

News of Jorge’s death has prompted tributes from across the football world. Newell’s Old Boys, the Rosario club where Lionel began his youth career, expressed condolences and recognized Jorge’s importance to the Messi family’s connection with the club. CONMEBOL also joined the football community in mourning his passing.

Beyond being Lionel Messi’s representative, Jorge was remembered as a father who stood behind his son’s ambitions from childhood. His influence extended from the football pitches of Rosario to the biggest stadiums in Europe and the world, as he helped guide Lionel through the challenges that accompanied his extraordinary rise.

For Lionel Messi, the loss marks the passing of a deeply influential figure in both his personal and professional life. Jorge was not only the man who helped manage his son’s career but also one of the people who witnessed and supported the journey from a young boy with extraordinary potential to a World Cup-winning football icon.

Jorge Messi was 68. His legacy will remain closely connected to the remarkable story of his son and the extraordinary football career that followed their journey from Rosario to the global stage.

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares
Continue Reading

Trending

Facebook 0 Twitter/X 0 LinkedIn0 WhatsApp0 0Shares